- Soft flexible premium PU cover with multicolor elastic band
- 120L of 100 gsm acid-free cream blank paper
- Available in 8 colors: Black, Blackberry (deep purple), Brown, Fern (moss green), Rose (magenta), Sky Blue, Sport Red, and Yellow
- Measures 164 x 120 mm (6.5 x 4.7 inch)
- 240 pages
- Also available in A7 (126 x 78 mm; 5 x 3.1 inch)
Elastiq Journal shares a similar problem with thicker journals in that it does not stay flat, so it is necessary to hold on to the opposing page while writing.
Similar to notebooks in Monologue line Elastiq has cream colored pages. The difference is in page format; Elastiq has blank ruling. In some ways, blank pages are more versatile in terms of different styles of journaling; it can double as a scrapbook or visual journaling without restrictions of lines or dots. The paper surface is not glossy smooth nor toothy, but even like regular printer paper. Personally I prefer cream colored paper than white, though some users prefer white so the ink color will stand out. To my eyes, the paper color in Elastiq is not too yellow to mute the ink colors.
The paper in Elatiq is very similar to the one in Monologue in that it works great with ballpoint and gel pens, but not fountain pens. There is obvious bleedthrough as well as showthrough for the latter.
For a journal of its size, I am surprise that there is not a page marker. One can easily use a bookmark or a book dart to indicate the last page used.
- PU cover that can withstand wear and tear. Soft to touch yet substantial.
- Nicely detailed.
- Cream colored pages that are easy to the eye.
- Not fountain pen friendly
- Does not stay flat
- No page marker
- Only one page format available.
This notebook is provided by GrandLuxe. I am not compensated monetarily for writing this post. Opinions expressed here are entirely my own and are not influenced by the company.