What is the best way to celebrate this day? Here are some ideas:
- Julie at Pens Paper Inks…Whatever has a nice round-up of different special deals and giveaways offered by vendors and bloggers in honors of this day. Head over to check it out!
- Ivan at Inktronics is collaborating with JetPens giving away a bottle of Pilot Iroshizuku Syo-ro.
- Want to say hi to a friend? Instead of sending a text or e-mail, handwritten a short note. You can even take a picture of the written note, if the friend is far far away.
- Pick an ink sample at random and try it out with a fountain pen you have not used in awhile.
- Have a friend who is curious about fountain pens but is not sure about it? Pick out a beginner fountain pen, along with some of your favorite ink. Maybe you will gain a convert! I have converted someone with a Pilot Petit1.
- Share some of your newly discovered ink with people who are using fountain pens. Sharing fosters a stronger bond, especially on a common passion.
- Give your fountain pens a nice thorough cleaning. This will ensure the pens’ longevity.
How would I commemorate this day? Finish writing letters with fountain pens I have inked (surprisingly only three at the moment), while enjoying home-made persimmon ice cream; the hue reminds me of Fuyu-gaki.
What would you do today with your fountain pen?