I was nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by a fellow blogger, Zeynep of Write to Me Often. I just recently discovered her blog with her entry to my recent 100th-post giveaway. Similar to my blog, hers reviews a wide variety of stationery that she found in Turkey and elsewhere. Her blog is also bilingual, in both Turkish and English, so in case you are learning the language and love stationery, her blog would be ideal for you!
Versatile Blogger Award comes about back when there was no “Like” or other social media share buttons, as a way to spread words on blogs that might be overlooked. As a recipient of the award, one of my tasks is to nominate some noteworthy blogs. Here they are:
- The Sky Parlor This blog is authored by a coworker of mine back in the days when I worked at the bookstore. Shawna worked as a set designer once and is passionate about interior design. You will learn different trends of interior design from her very informative and well-written blog.
- Baking with Marianne Marianne, my long-time German pen pal, is a fantastic baker. For many Christmas over the years, I always receive a box with a variety of Christmas cookies made by her. Growing up having tasty pastries and bread made by her mother, combining with her wide interests in culinary traditions, Marianne shares her discoveries and invention in this lovely blog.
- Bleistift “Bleistift” is pencil in German, so needless to say, this is a blog about that very first writing instrument that most of us come to use. Matthias reviews a wide range of pencils from everywhere in the world. In fact, in some of the posts he provides background history about pencil manufacturing and brand history, from which I have benefitted.
- Drawing with a Squirrel This is an online profolio of a talented artist, Gentian Osman. Being a total amateur, I feel that her pieces give a breathe of freshness to art. It can be an amalgamation of elegance and cute. Besides producing excellent art herself, Gentian is also very encouraging to fellow artists and amateurs alike. She never hesistates to provide her signature warm encouragement.
- The Purl Bee This is a blog of a well-known yarn store in SoHo named Purl SoHo. It is one of the sites that I encountered when I attempted to teach myself how to knit last summer. There are many project ideas, as well as detailed tutorials on some of the techniques. It is updated regularly on a wide variety of craft (knitting, crocheting, sewing), and even for people who do not do any needle craft, it is a pleasure to read.
- I learned Chinese calligraphy when I was 8 and started using fountain pen a year after that.
- I was the penmanship champion for 5 years in a row in my primary school.. totally hard to believe, since I do chicken scratch most of the time now.
- Though I work at a university law library, I am neither a lawyer nor a librarian. About time to get a degree on either discipline?
- I rarely drink water. Instead, I substitute it with tea, never sweetened or with milk.
- One of my guilty pleasure is… marzipan with dark chocolate. For sure I am not German.
- I have a cat name Auggie, short for Augustine. His namesake is inspired by St. Augustine, whose writing was one of my primary sources for my undergraduate thesis.
- Wrote an undergraduate thesis on good demons in medieval popular literature. Now working on my masters thesis on medieval sexuality in law. Yes, I like weird topics.